I think my mission field right now isn't necessarily a different country, I think it's my own home. Servitude. I'm called to served my husband and raise up my daughter.
After watching the video for this week I have more to add on 'this is all I have to give' by looking at it as God saying it to us. What I'd like to add is PRAISE GOD! All he has to give us is amazing.
The women also asked/answered some questions.
1. What do you do when your plan fails?
This one is like a punch to the gut lately. I feel like my plans failed. However, God's plan is always working. I have to remember that I am not in control, God is.
2. What do you do when you're drained? Who fills you up?
B and I actually talked about this Sunday after church. He brought up that he was so glad we joined Sunday School and that he always feels better after church, but then gets worn out during his week and get grouchy and impatient. I told him I agreed! I said it's like my tank is full when we leave but little by little I use it up and I'm not putting any more back in. I'm trying to get better about taking time each day to pray, read, watch, listen, and ultimately spend time with God so he can continue to fill me up so I don't end up on empty.
3. Do you feel unnoticed as a mom?
I feel badly, but was so relieved that my husband got a glimpse of this last weekend. Bless his soul, he cleaned the house, took W with him to eat out and run errands. The first thing he said when he returned was 'running errands is not as fun without' aka 'it's easier when one of us can sit with a sleeping child or tend to her needs while anothe accomplishes a goal'. She started to throw a fit, he was worn out, and he called it quits. To top it off when I got home the house was already a mess again. I think in that moment he relized how hard my day to day is and how it may not seem like I've done much, just how much goes unnoticed.
4. Does God really care about us?
Yes, everything we do is for the glory of God.
5. How do you take care of yourself? Is it wrong to treat yourself?
No it's not selfish, we need to take care of ourselves to make sure we're happy/healthy Mommas! Do we take the time? Not always. Make sure you take some time, you invest in your relationships and you need to invest in yourself. Grab a coffee or a pop, enjoy a rerun of your favorite show on Netflix. Set aside the mom guilt.
No comments:
Post a Comment