Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Life as a wife, feels strangely the same as life as me...

I have been married for a few weeks now and oddly enough it feels pretty routine. It was a weird feeling coming home from the honeymoon and not returning to my parent's house. But Brett and I have settled into our niche. I've been cooking (big shocker to those of you that know me) and he's been a great help around the house, thank God he likes to do dishes!
Besides our married routine, I'm still getting comfortable with my work routine. The first three days were pretty overwhelming, but even day one of week two felt better. I've gotten to know Mrs. Lovins and really enjoy sharing a learning environment with her. I also go to teach math today and it went pretty well, still need to brush up on being in front of an audience :) Unfortunately, one of our great teacher's aides was at home with a sick little one so we did not start our Response to Intervention today. This actually will save me a day of lesson plans, but I hope the baby feels better soon, because we sure miss our morning friend.
After school I'm going to be real "wifely" and take my brand coupons to Dollar General and double coupon up for super savings! After a little shopping I'm having dinner with Ashley Pfeil and Megan Frueh, two of my great friends! I'm so excited to show them the wedding photos and catch up on their lives!
Tomorrow Brett is having an over night adventure away from home...so what would be my first night at the apartment by myself will instead probably been a slumber party at my parent's house! Since they probably miss me so much and my dad is leaving Thursday for a trip :)

No comments:

Post a Comment