Monday, November 14, 2011

Survived a week on my own!

My teacher was gone three out of five days two weeks ago with gallbladder pains. Last week she was gone the entire time! At first it was very overwhelming, but by Friday I had really fallen into the groove of things. I'm actually a little nervous for her to return. I don't have all the grading done, but at least it will give her something to do since I'll be teaching all day. I'm not sure how great she will be feeling since it hasn't been a full week since she's had surgery. But I'm pretty proud of myself for making this weeks plans and preparing things for kids being gone, that happened a lot last week. This week there are only four school days because Thursday I head to Maryville with Ashley for our last seminar on Friday!In other news, Kye came this weekend to hang out with Brett. Saturday, while they hunted, I went over to Amy's and made cake pops. It was fun hanging out with Megan, Amy, and the boys. Tucker is getting bigger and changing soo much! He was smiling a whole bunch! Sunday, Brett, Mom, and I went to church and sat with Janelle, Kevin, and Nancy. After church was my second bridal shower. It was from the Baptist Church (where I will become a member) and Brett's family/friends. It was a blast. I had the kids help me unwrap which got a little crazy. Afterwards, Brett and I joined his family for dinner.
Seven weeks until we say I DO!
Monday we are having dinner with Stan and Dana Osburn, our officiants. Wednesday is another shower, given by Dixie Stoner and it will be at Aunt Martha's Bed and Breakfast, teacher friends will be attending that one.
Time is flying and I can't believe that after seminar there are only two days until Thanksgiving break. Terra Nova made making lesson plans a little easier. After Thanksgiving I only have two weeks of student teaching left! Three weeks until I graduate! Four weeks until Christmas! And five weeks until I do's! So Thanksgiving will be a HUGE deal :)

No comments:

Post a Comment