Sunday, January 19, 2014

The news is out

I have resigned from Fairfax R3. This may come as shocking news to most who know me. Teaching at Fairfax has always been a dream of mine, and I love the time I spend there. The faculty and staff at Fairfax are like a second family and walking away from it all is very hard. However, I have made this decision for my family. Children don't stay small long and I want to take the time and give raising my children the attention it deserves. Yes, this is a big financial cut for our family to go from two paychecks to one. Yes, I will miss having a job, using my degree, and teaching children. Yes, it will be a difficult change. It's a change that my husband and I have been praying about, seeking counsel about, asking advice about, and talking and talking and talking about. We came to this decision together. I will be helping my husband in his office. I will be keeping my license and subbing to keep my foot in the district. Most importantly I will be home with Wendy, cooking, cleaning, and raising a strong relationship with our daughter and building her relationship with friends, family, and Christ.
I had worries about people's reaction/judgement to my news and I'm happy that I've had a lot of support in my decision. Thank you to everyone that gave an encouraging word. A new adventure awaits my family and we're excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment