Today, as I skipped across the street with my library books in hand and placed my sunglasses upon my eyes I realize something extravagant. I am exactly the girl I want to be at this time in my life. Now don't get me wrong, I am not saying I am where I wanted to be in life, but for the situation given to me I am the lady I always wished I would become.
Sometimes when you are expecting apple pie life decides to give you a cow pie instead. Or in my case, you're expecting to get a job at a place you'd die to work for, expecting certain people to still be your friends and stay in touch, expecting that grandparents don't get cancer, expecting a house when you get married. However, sometimes life gives you an apartment with marriage, life makes you wait on that job, life brings new people into your life to replace the ones that didn't stay close, and unfortunately life takes very special people away from you. But what life can't do is decide how you will react.
I've not always been a graceful gal, just ask anyone who's eaten a meal with me. But this I can say is true, I've dealt with the hand life gave me. I truly believe that no one really has it harder or easier in life when you get around to seeing the whole picture. Yes, some have a great childhood, while others are blind to the harsh setting they were raise in. Some people have an easier time with their career, while others struggle to get their foot in the door and climb that social ladder. Some find their true love sitting beside them in a college lab class, while others may lose their true love before they even met.
I've had my trials and triumphs, but today I see that regardless I am who I want to be. I'm strong enough to face each day, I'm silly enough to be comfortable with mistakes, I'm wise enough to have chosen a great husband, I'm brave enough to fly without a map, I'm short enough to always get a kids menu (even if I didn't have much control over that one), and I'm true enough to love the people that have been there during all of these self-discoveries.
Aw, I may still not know how to do my hair or be able to spell very well without spell-check, but aren't those the things that make an individual their true self? I think so, but what do I know, I'm a 22 year old small town girl who's just getting ready to have a frozen pizza for dinner with her mom.
No comments:
Post a Comment